Too Good to be True?

madkebab

Reaction score
Ebay S4

Some things dont ring true here. 2.8 S4? Beige leather seats in the rear but looks like cloth in the front? Pictures looks like they were taken in America? Might just be me but £7k for a 2000 S4 with 50k on the clock just seems too good to be true. What do you all reckon?

its definitely a ringer.

"Full beige leather interior" - oh, thats why one of the photos shows cloth...
"Electonic dual zone climate" - aaah, that'll be that 'manual heating dial' fully electronic climate then, by the looks of the pics.

The rear seat pics are grey leather, but the front's are too, doesn't match the other pics.

The spare wheel isn't an s4 item either, but he may have sold them as a set of 5.

the pic of the inside fron itsnt that car i think

he says

Dual Zone Electronic Climate Control System,

but its not on the pic and the front seats dont look like the back ones one bit

The interior is from a pre-facelift B5, so how come it's advertised as a 2000 model.

Ican't believe people are bidding on it.

the picture of the front interior is definitly a different car, aswell as the seats being different the carpet is a different colour!!

would that spare fit over the brakes? i know a 16" wheel won't fit over the brakes i have fitted to my octavia but the 17's will.

Very odd!
Houses look kinda American,
Whats the 2.7 in CC's?
If its like 2750 or sumit he may have rounded it up to a 2.8...?

Cant work out the interior tho... shame you cant see thru the windows!

[ QUOTE ]

Houses look kinda American,

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what i thought

I have emailed the seller with a load of questions, should be interesting to see if I get a reply.

Like someone else said I cant believe ppl are bidding, very dodgy me thinks

Classic giveaway of a hijacked Ebay account......contact 'seller' direct to an email addy given in the Ebay listing,rather than the usual 'ask seller a question' which gets relayed via Ebay.
Houses/vehicles look US / North American.....'seller' cannot spell and uses poor grammar...SCAM

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That's terrible, I hope the owner of the account realises before he gets jacked and that the idiots bidding on it realise before they lose a lot of money.

Just goes to show how easy it is to fool some people /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ebay S4

Some things dont ring true here. 2.8 S4? Beige leather seats in the rear but looks like cloth in the front? Pictures looks like they were taken in America? Might just be me but £7k for a 2000 S4 with 50k on the clock just seems too good to be true. What do you all reckon?

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like ebay has removed this car....

Just lucky, definetely some shady people out there willing to rob folk of their hard earned.

Not this time though!!

At leas someone has been saved from a fleecing. Still puzzled why anyone was dumb enough to bid on it, though.

[ QUOTE ]
At leas someone has been saved from a fleecing. Still puzzled why anyone was dumb enough to bid on it, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont be jdp youd be suprised people bid EVEN MORE on eBay than in the shops /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif