S4 Retaining spring

dublinS4

Reaction score
Ive noticed an awful rattle from the front of my s4. I finally narrowed it down to the caliper retaining spring, or lack of in this case..Both front calipers are missing this spring..Is anyone able to point me in the right direction as to where to get these.. Audi say they dont have them on any diagrams so cant help me.. There saying they might come with replacement pads but the pads cost a fortune from Audi.. Anyone braking a B5 S4 on here? Cheers

PFL S4 front calipers dont have them.

The rattle comes from the centre sliding pin wearing out. My brothers S4 did the same thing, and we cured it by throwing the stock calipers away. If you want a straight swap, the ATE calipers from the later Allroad and A6 models fit right on and can be bought cheap on ebay.

PFL S4 front calipers dont have them.

The rattle comes from the centre sliding pin wearing out. My brothers S4 did the same thing, and we cured it by throwing the stock calipers away. If you want a straight swap, the ATE calipers from the later Allroad and A6 models fit right on and can be bought cheap on ebay.
Can the centre slide pin be replaced?

unsure, i couldnt see how it could come out.

Audi sell the caliper as one complete unit, unlike the other models where they sell the caliper and carrier seperately with seperate slide pins etc.

I really wouldnt waste your time with the HP2's just swap them.

This is the later type:

o6 audi a6 allroad quattro 3.0 v6 tdi o/side front brake caliper | eBay

The seller appears to have both sides.