A4 front bumper removal......

Nessy

VW + Audi mad
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me please what type of fixing/size the 2 bolts/pins are that hold the front bumper cover to the body on the A4......
Hopefully this weekend I'll be fitting my facelift foglamp-equipped front bumper but need to make sure I have the correct tools......
Think its a Torx fitting (though could be wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) ,though not sure of size....

Thanks

Paul

Its a torx thingy isnt it?? Let me know how the 99.5 bumper mounts to the original mounts mate, as i will be doing the same at the end of the month when i get my kit sprayed.

I will go check the size and post back

EDIT Tx40 matey

From what i remember, i had the front bumper off my car when i had to change the alternator belt. I think it's either a T40 or e T45 bit that you need. You have to take the bottom grills off to reveal the torx bolts.

Thanks very much for all the info everybody, 'tis much appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.
Once I've done the swap I'll post how it went.....

As a little post-note, whilst the bolts that hold the shock-absorber-bumper thing to the front subframe are indeed Torx fastenings (which I didn't touch), to undo the bumper cover itself a 6mm hex key is needed.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif