Remote central locking problems :/

• Thread starter imported_Audi_DavE
  • Start date
I

imported_Audi_DavE

I bought that little plug and go thing for my audi just before xmas, which allows you to remotely lock the car (handy in rain / with shopping in hands!) And in the manual it says that i can connect it to the indicators so they flash when i lock / unlock. I have had it working for a while now and after looking at it can only see one brown and white wire left (apart from the antenna). I tried connecting this to the indicator with closest to it to see if it would trigger it off that way, but to no avail. The manual says there should be 2 spare wires, but i dont have any :S. I was wondering if anyone with this could help me? I want flashy flashy lights!. Do I need to run this cable to the fuse box to trigger them off that way? or am i just totally on the wrong track here? any help would be awsome

Regards

DavE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

If it's a 12V output then I would imagine connecting it to the coil of the indicator relay would solve your problem... just a guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You may need to wire it via the Hazard control as this would trigger all of them and they are not controlled by the ignition.

Or it maybe the said two wires need to go one to the left and the other to the right indicator picked up under the hood or in the boot.

yep i'd agree with docurley. Put a multimeter on each of the wires to see whats going on, but i'd guess that each wire is a +12v, one to each side rear indicator. If so, get a new connector from audi, carefully break apart the long cluster connector, recrimp with new connector to the +ve indicator wire, and put it all back together and do the other side.......

Thanks, thik ill have to give the multimeter a bash :/ . Thing is there is only one spare wire. If so, il just rig it up to the hazard switch. Will keep a updated

Regards
DavE

I take it you are refering to the keyless entry system that VAGparts sell. It connects directly into the central locking pump?
If so, like mine I have 2 wires that came with the kit to connect to the indicators, left and right.
I was lucky as my car flashes the indicators when the armed, just like it did via the key in the door.
You could ask someone that has access to VAG-COM to reprogram the central locking ECU to flash your indicators upon arming.
Might be easier that running wires through your car.
Jim.