They were there when i fitted the turbo 2 years ago, and dont appear to have got any worse. The whine is a new symptom, so i guess thats probably wishful thinking.
Progress today has been slow. Was raining first thing, so i went out to the shed and to get the shafts sorted out.
Rebuilt the driveshafts with the new outer CV's, and stripped, cleaned and rebuilt the inner joints. However one of the new outers has more play in it than the ones i took off! I've opened a case with the seller, and i think i'll probably clean up and refit the better of the original two CV's for now.
I got the engine properly mounted up, tightened all the engine and box mounts, and started the process of reconnecting all the wiring and pipework. Removed the leaky coolant flange and got ready to refit that, then went for some lunch.
Now its started raining again...
I think i'll go sort out this duff CV while its raining, and hopefully it goes off and i can get some more done!