Diagnostic help! (DTC's inside...)

cbass

Reaction score
Website
www.netdocuments.com
Hey guys,
Today, I was just driving the car around and it all of a sudden just died. All the gauges stayed lit, radio stayed on, climate control stayed on, etc. But the engine just died, could rev it, couldn't do anything, the tachometer needle just slowly settled down to ZERO. I pushed it off to the side of the road and called a friend to come pick me up. I waited about 5 minutes, and then tried to start it again. It started right up so I called my friend and told him I'd try to get it home. It went for a few miles, and then died again. I waited a minute, and it started fine. It did this all the way home, died, started, died, started, etc. When I got home, I plugged in the VAG-COM and got these codes, none of which were there just two days ago.

7 Faults Found:
17645 - Fuel Injector for Cylinder 1 (N30): Open Circuit
P1237 - 35-00 - -
17646 - Fuel Injector for Cylinder 2 (N31): Open Circuit
P1238 - 35-00 - -
17647 - Fuel Injector for Cylinder 3 (N32): Open Circuit
P1239 - 35-00 - -
17648 - Fuel Injector for Cylinder 4 (N33): Open Circuit
P1240 - 35-00 - -
17833 - EVAP Purge Valve (N80): Short to Ground
P1425 - 35-00 - -
17955 - Boost Pressure Regulation Valve (N75): Short to Ground
P1547 - 35-00 - -
17880 - EVAP Leak Detection Pump: Short to Ground
P1472 - 35-00 - -

If any of you have any ideas on what may be causing these, please help! I have looked through the Bentley manual, but to no avail.

TIA! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

looks like a headache of an electrical wiring problem or some kind of ECU fault to me.. is there any obvious loom chafing or melting?

Well, I installed an mp3 player adapter and spliced the power from that loom (now it was obviously a stupid idea). But it worked fine for about a week with it all installed and had no problems whatsoever. Then yesterday this happened. I know it has to be that because that's the only thing that would have caused anything.

Now, I took out the splice so there is nothing pulling from that wire anymore and I still get the problem. Any electricians out there that could tell me why I still might be having the problem?