need help with my abs module

boost-addict

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Reaction score
Website
t.me
right so when i bought the car (which i wish i didnt) it had a abs light on and was told its a abs sensor, so bought it and the rest of the car has only given me minor issues as normal, other then the clutch which is being sorted.

so problem i have is i sent off my module but apparently never got there, and the recorded tracking showed no one signed!

so i am now left and have been for the passed 6 months with no abs module. i did take note of the part number which is
0 273 004 284 i have it saved as a saved search and the only ones that pop up are from usa. and new ones are WELL out of my budget. altho it may just have to be a new one!

so can any one tell me what ones will fit and would i need full vcds or would a registered lite work. i dont have any coding obviously as the module would lock vcds out. so what can i do as mot is up in march and ive been looking and looking

and i really need to get it sorted a. because winter is coming up and b. as itll fail the mot.
i understand you cant disable the abs and have new brake lines routed to cut out the abs system. which i wouldn't want to do but they work with out fault any way

basicly HELP!!!!

I had similar problems finding a module.

However, I did find there was a module number - from Bosch - which you have, but also a pump assembly number from Audi (8E0614111B is an example) I found there were many more pump assemblies than modules for sale, and the cost was about the same

You need to get the correct number for your car - if you have Elsawin there is a table of pump numbers against car model so you can get it there. (My copy is playing up, sorry)

also depending where abouts you are there is bound to be a local member able to code the module in for you if its needed.

Module doesnt need to be coded, it just plugs in and works.

Your best off looking for whole pumps ending in A or E, and swapping the module over.

They're used on a few cars like the A6 and A8 as well as the A4. It must be from a quattro and must be pre-ESP. If you stick to looking for pumps ending in A or E you should be fine.

Module doesnt need to be coded, it just plugs in and works.

Your best off looking for whole pumps ending in A or E, and swapping the module over.

They're used on a few cars like the A6 and A8 as well as the A4. It must be from a quattro and must be pre-ESP. If you stick to looking for pumps ending in A or E you should be fine.

Oh really!! Ok so a4-a6-a8 pumps ending in a and e..
If i get a few together can i link them to you and you tell me yes or no.

Oh on a side note got the fly wheel going to the machine shop this month.

thanks, looked on ebay..... ha, presume you havent seen the modules that aint on there,

theres one but £240, why i dont know
Audi A4 ABS Pump And Controller - 8E0614111A - 8E0 614 111 A | eBay

other then that its a return and replace which clearly i dont have! but then reading the ad, its got hidden charges writtten all over it

just emailed and asked why it was £240 etc

this is the reply
hi its down to availability and how scarce they are i am the cheapest on ebay for this model

i hope this answers question

Just keep looking, I sold one for £40 because that's what I thought it was worth.
might be worth checking SRS classifieds as a couple of S4's were/are being broken

It took me a while to get mine, I can't remember what I paid in the end but I think £50 or less.

(Mine was a 8E0 614 111 E )

Try a few scrappies too - the bay of 'E's is starting to get a bit rubbish for finding stuff

well he says:
  • You may not purchase this listing without an intention to return a functional core.
but it says $150 (£91) so if you was returning a module it would be $100 (£61)

but what would you do?

Personally I would let him know the situation with your module being lost and see what he says, it may be that he only has a small turnover of these units and would probably be quite miffed with being down a unit. But ultimately it's your call

i dont want to do an one over, id be ****** if some one didnt send me back a module

but on the other hand i dont wanna loose this by him closing the door on me

really dunno if to be considerate or selfish !!

im not a selfish person so dunno.

unless i email him from an other account and say what happens if i dont have a module

ok went back though my service paperwork etc, as i know lynx services replaced the module in 2009, i didnt actually see this the first time, but have a receipt for £300 for exchange abs unit 0273 004 284/X
company
lynx automotive ltd
nottinghamshire

also on a plus side discovered it had a oil pump fitted 35k ago! bad news is ive realized i have cam belt due in 600 miles lol

any way still on the hunt for one any people know any more suggestions?