Front mount intercooler

PM me in list form whats needed for the me7.5 conversion if i can source the bits cheap i may go this route as my scrappers may have some of the stuff needed !! And its in my messages then were i will remember rather than searching for the thread lol

the pump being replaced is just as mine went not so long back and it has in2deeps old one in it so doubt thats going to last long if theres a alternative to the 044 that will be the same as mine then let me no !!

you can use an 044 if you like, but it doesnt fit in the basket, you need the basket from an Audi V8.

I'd just stick with what you have unless it gives you any trouble.

so reading and taking in to account,
as im very tight on money atm!

running the 320cc injectors on a stock map, is that with a 3" maf or stock tqs maf. also as i have 4bar i would need to swap to 3bar?

sounds a good way of increasing a little bit of power on a stick map.

also before my clutch started slipping to much to actually boost fully. i was getting 18psi. is that stock or remapped boost?

is what i thought, probs why a 3 year old clutch didnt last long, cant wait to get the 240mm clutch on!!!

any info on the other qestion? im quite intrested in a cheap (er) quick mod to make a little more power. as what i have now is actually enough even with the clutch slipping and not able to put full throttle till 4k! quite depressing really, i cant remember what this car feels like full boost! so what bhp at 18 psi roughly? did feel "quick" when i got it. defo going to dyno it as soon as i have the clutch bedded in.

and if it is remapped. i could proberly benifet from bigger injectors and maf. as my car has always drunk fuel,

im convinced it had a big turbo on it and they just removed it. and stuck any old ko3 on there as its not the correct ko3 considering its a tqs7and ive always felt odd as it holds back alot but runs out off puff easily. and i get a heavy fuel smell from the exhaust. somtines a light puff of smoke which smells of petrol.
you may remember i was saying i got poor mpg, never go to the bottom of it,but as i cant boost completely any more my mpg has been very good lol.

how would i find out what mapping i have? not even looked in the ecu box, possibly best place to start i guess.

Last edited:
Fuel smell probably means its decatted.

320cc's and 4bar regulator might just about work with the 3" MAF, certainly wont work with the 2.5" on the stock tune. The FPR should be stamped with its pressure.

Tuned K03 car will feel like it runs out of puff, as the turbo is only big enough for about 190-200hp top end, but can make a reasonable torquey midrange if the boost is ramped up.

You really need to figure out exactly what components are fitted to the car and post them up.

Simply jamming in bigger injectors isnt going to give you more power, Its being discussed here as a safety net when installing a turbo thats much larger than stock.

Yer it is a tqs has the 4 bar reg and 4 bar pump. Te engine is stoxk other then the 18psi and it has a 3" decat and 2.5" s/s system i nade and fitted my self.
It was smelling like petrol before decat.

Its defo over fuelling. Need to get it to rtech or amd. If i get a rr run will they hook it to vcds

If the lambdas working i wouldnt have thaught it would be overfuelling under normal driving.

What does the ECU's fuel trims look like?

Are there any fault codes?

I did look before but didnt know what sector it was under on the engine. Atm i only got lite and fault codes are usually engine speed exceeded and boost pressure exceeded. Both faults dont hinder power.

I recently had mine mot'd and with the decat on fast idle test it passed everything other than the CO which was reading 0.51 and should of been 0.20 or less, have it checked on a emissions tester see what readings your getting !

What readings am i looking for?? Dont forget i only got vcds lite.

The decat dont bother me, ill swap back over to the stock or as i plan to do. Cut the decat and weld in a 3" 200cell cat.

Instead off welding it on the decat why dont you do it under the car so its easier access ?

becasue id rather it be were the stock cat is, im also low and the subframe catches on speedbumps or the kurb when i drive off my drive.

so id rather have it up out the way

any way what am i looking for, when readin fuel trims. i did report on my own thread the numbers but cant remeber if i got any feedback

cant see any thing touched other then the a1 autocraft?

Last edited: