Tow bar fitted, electrics not fitted

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So someone at some point has fitted a removable towbar, but never bothered sorting out the electrics. Anyone fitted a towbar to a B5 that could help. The make of the towbar is a bosal and the model is an A50X.

Last edited:
ive just fitted one the other day not the same tow bar but if its the electrics you need help with I could check the colours of the wires ive used.
I used my test meter to work out what was what on mine so to be honest I never really paid much attention to what colour of wires I used.

The colors could be different on my make of tow bar, so that may not help. I do have a couple of questions is your car a facelift model B5, also was there any electronic devices with the kit or is it just the case of tapping into the wires of one of the rear light clusters.

I just tapped into the wires on the rear cluster. my car is a PFL the FL may need a proper loom or a bypass relay.
if its single electricsw they should have the same coloured wiring as there pretty much standard. the 13 pin euro plug could be different though.
James