Exhaust and dump valve for A4 1.8T

a4_wales

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
Just got a 1995 A4 1.8T, and was wondering what an atmospheric dump valve is like on them?? I've seen a bailey one on ebay and fitting kit, any experiences>? Also I want a performance exhaust as this one is knackered, don't want one too loud! Any help would be apriciated, thanks

With regards to the exhaust, if you want something quiet then opt for a Supersprint. This is what I have and its nearly as quiet as standard apart from when you put your right foot down hard! I believe the Milltek systems are also quite quiet.

I had a Scorpion Full System on my A4 T Sport. Excellent quality and fit and the sound was definitely not obtrusive, just a deep sporty exhaust note.

ive got the balieys dv36 and i love the sound i really do ive been running this valve for about 4 months now with no prob and not fault codes on the vag-com

Baileys Twin piston
8e8779e3.jpg

i have a full milltek and high flow cat. excellent fit, better than the OEM one! love the sound, not loud at all, just a nice drone at motorway revs.
comes into it s own when booting it!
not cheap but I got mine 2nd hand on ebay.
I don't get the atmospheric d/v thing.
I have a forge recirc one on a v short modified intake, works very well, don't lose boost, no delays and it doesn't sound liek a chav'd up impreza....no offense intended..too many of them out there

Hey s3steve, whats the exhaust like when driving normally, and when you boot it? Dont want anything too loud when normal driving but dont want it to be really quiet if you get what I mean. Thanks

It sounds slightly louder than the standard one under normal driving with a deeper exhaust note than standard. A bit more noticeable when you boot it.
My mums got the A4 now as ive moved on to an S3 and she doesnt find it too loud.
I really miss the exhaust note im gonna have to change the one on the S3 soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Jetex also do a nice system for the 1.8 T with a twin 80mm round tailpipe. I found a company who would do the full cat back system for £264. Can't comment on how loud it is but i think Jetex are very good quality.

we sell jetex zorsts, nice fit and subtle..

lifetime warrenty

also piper are good

Andy
GDI
01954 719 007