Nut splitter!

scr8pdo

Reaction score
Iam about to do the old Mr Muscle trick on my AFN but looking at one of the bottom nuts for the flange looks like it will shear or somthing so I was thinking of using u nut splitter and replacing the nut/stud has anyone else used this method of removal to sucess?

Your best off with irwin sockets for rounded bolts you knock them on and they grip into the nut on removal never failed when using them unless one off the sockets dont fit the nut lol !!

Or you could get the car up to temp and then remove the nut thats fubar and then let it cool down and crack on with the task at hand !!

Reactions: PAULF
Oh yeah I got a set of Snap On ones for locking wheel nuts on the scrap cars, great tools!

what to do if i have a turbo bolt that undoes half a turn and goes dead tight again, i tightened it back up and left well alone :/

Audi A6 C5
Used a nut splitter to solve my siezed nut problem .
Then replaced all the nuts including the hot side on the turbo/exhaust .
I had put wd40 first and also tried tapping a smalled socket but to no avail also tried the blow torch method but still no.
Just make sure you dont cut all the way to the tread and then turn damaging the thread.
Good Luck !

What I plan to do (****** Wednesday now) is get the car up to running temp, then get get the blowlamp on till cherry red, whack on a 6 sided socket maybe size below and try to turn, if it does move a bit and stop i will do the old back and forward method, then if response feels bad ie shear/snap, then comes the nut splitter oh and before, plenty of Plus Gas, it seems to work like magic and walks all over WD40 in my experience, seems to dissolve/crack rust/

Plus gas is good terrible in a tin for most jobs ,,
Mine feels like its going to sear, so ill leave it till i have a hybrid or bt.