Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications

Thread: Roof Bars

Neutral

Status

Roof Bars

How much do the roof bars cost for ( B5 saloon )

2. # ADS
    ADS

cheesypeas

Status

Re: Roof Bars

halfrauds prolly do them for about 40~ grab them inthe sales

imported_VaulterTim

Re: Roof Bars

I've had the need to carry equipment on roof racks for a good 15+yrs and I have always found that you're looking at over 100 for a decent set... and by that I mean they won't actually damage your roof for at least a year [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I personally wouldn't bother with the shops' own brand... they're never a good fit and quality is usually lacking which, as I just said, usually manifests itself as damage to your roof after repeated use. Even first use in some cases I have come across! i.e. paint loss, laquer damage etc.

Manufacturers own brand (at a cost!), because they are designed to fit that actual model, and some of the bigger aftermarket brands are a good bet. Halfords do a few different sets, worth a look in the sales I guess... up to you bro'.

It all boils down to how much you will use it, what you will use it for, and how heavy/cumbersome the things you'll be carrying are... mine was for fairly heavy (30-40KG) Pole Vaulting poles [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hope that helps.

Cheers

T