AJM EGR delete advice

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm looking at removing the egr from the engine, I replaced it a couple of years ago with a new genuine unit (Got one cheep off ebay), however this has also started to leak like the old unit and I'm thinking of just remove the EGR as I just cannot see how used exhaust gas being feed back into the engine is a good thing! Have been looking at allard kits but not sure if these are a good thing or not, as I would like to remove the EGR unit

Also would removing the EGR cause any engine management issues, don't what to have to pay to get it mapped out etc.

Thanks for any advice.

I know from when I had the passat that I was told If it was early 2003 or older I could do the egr delete without it throwing back an EML
where as on 2003 onwards it would need to be mapped or coded out via VAGCOM

From about 2001ish, makers started putting EGR gas sensors in the EGR pipe work and soon as they stopped detecting gases it would throw an error up.

I don't think the B5s had this sensor so you should be ok to just blank the valve.

You can buy kits off ebay and Audi did a genuine blanking kit. There's a thread on it somewhere, I'll try and dig it out.

I have an ajm engine tdi,I cut the egr up,welded the ends together and used a silicon pipe to replace the oem bend.If you remove the egr,you need to either block the egr and anti-shudder pipes,or do a vac line delete,which is what I did.
if you need help with a vac line delete,I can tell you what you need to do.
tony

Probably the same hoses etc,but doesn't a golf manifold point the wrong way?This may affect things!
tony

Yes the manifold does point in a different direction but if the mount holes are the same and the pipe diameter is the same then it should fit just fine the question is about the mounting home and pipe diameter.