Car Head Unit

tonybolony

Reaction score
So my Bose Unit display has gone a bit tits up, and so has the volume dial, so i think i will change it, I am not looking to spend a fortune, and also an ipod dock would be good.

Is there anything i have to avoid etc, as the more i own this car the more i find some things are not compatible etc :)

Getting excited though as my car is nearly complete the way i want it

it all depends on what you want from a head unit and the price you're willing to pay.

I had a Sendai unit from halfords worked a treat, paid about £100 and it had USB, Aux, BT, MP3, WMA, CD and radio.

it all depends on what you want from a head unit and the price you're willing to pay.

I had a Sendai unit from halfords worked a treat, paid about £100 and it had USB, Aux, BT, MP3, WMA, CD and radio.

coll will take a look, my worry was i get a aftermarket and it somehow upsets my car :)

You got bose?

I'm not sure how well a aftermarket will work with bose or if you need to rewire it.

I know with a Audi unit for your car it will bolt in and all you got to do is change it to bose via VCDS.

You got bose?

I'm not sure how well a aftermarket will work with bose or if you need to rewire it.

I know with a Audi unit for your car it will bolt in and all you got to do is change it to bose via VCDS.

Ahh see i knew it wouldnt be straight forward, nothing is with this car lol :-/

whole point of changing it now its a bit kaput, was to get something that i can use my ipod on, and am guessing there are no single din ipod units by audi or if they are they cost like a small bank loan

Ahh see i knew it wouldnt be straight forward, nothing is with this car lol :-/

whole point of changing it now its a bit kaput, was to get something that i can use my ipod on, and am guessing there are no single din ipod units by audi or if they are they cost like a small bank loan

xcarlink is your best option.
It plugs in to the cd changer port on the back and you can control your ipod via it.