VW taking the P.... on parts & pricing

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Found a small coolant leak this weekend coming from the bottom rad hose, and looked to be the o-ring that had failed checked my version of etka and it was coming up as non replacement part, which i thought was strange as a few years back I purchase one without a problem, so I check with the local VW dealer as they have the latest versions of etka and sure enough it's now part of the rad hose with an asking price of £90, I cannot believe VW are doing this sort of sh!ty practice, bet they have a load of pipes left over and want to get rid of them. Thankfully gsfcarparts stock them got 6 of them for £2.50.

The other thing that pi$$ me off as I also need T piece off the screen washer system as my had a small crack in this bit of pipe and was leaking, VW want £8 for this little bit of plastic tube 8 fecking quid for a part that would cost penny's to make. You would think that Audi would start to reduce the prices for parts on older cars just to try and keep owners coming back to use VW dealers.

Broke the plastic junction that sits on the diesel fuel filter on my V6 oil burner. Think it was £34! I thought I misheard when the parts guy quoted the cost. :wtf:

I heard that Porsche drops the prices on the parts of the older porches to help keep them on the road since they made their money and covered costs on the original parts/cars?

Reactions: vivalacoulter
If that's true about porsche, then it's going to change now they are run by VW...

A front wing for a 83 911 is £1200 and rear quarters are £1800, so not cheap. That is without paint and fitting.