brake shield mod

I

imported_kris_tdi

just did the front brake shield mod, and i can confirm the 312mm discs fit with no mods

Can I ask what mod you are reffering to ?
Just wondering why you felt the need to upgrade the disc size as well ? Having taken my 2.5 Tdi Quatrro on track last weekend - The brakes where the only thing that performed well on track.

i did the 312mm brake upgrade months ago. i added the weather shields which prevent the crap braking in the wet ( as on audiworld tech section) some people questioned wether it would fit with the 312mm discs and it does.

i upgraded the disc size becasue the 288mm ones were quite frankly rubbish stopping from high speeds on the motorway.

Did you buy the brake shields? Or are they standard?

I did the 312mm upgrade a while ago and can't remember if my car had them and its too clod to run out and have a peek just now.

I got them from the stealer, they were really cheap actually (about £10 from memory). When we had a look on there computer they werent listed as fitted to any model, only the tiny shield they put on standard which i can't see does anything but they have the same part number.

If you thought the 288mm discs were crap from high speeds I would hazard a guess there was a fault with your brakes somewhere ( Discs / pads / fluid ) As the ones on my car are fierce at high or low speeds

they take some warming up, then they seeem to become a lot more fierce!
Not great to start with tho.

[ QUOTE ]
If you thought the 288mm discs were crap from high speeds I would hazard a guess there was a fault with your brakes somewhere ( Discs / pads / fluid ) As the ones on my car are fierce at high or low speeds

[/ QUOTE ]

well they weren't crap, just fade far to easily.
try slamming the brakes on full from 80mph and then tell me that they dont fade!!!!
the 312mm ones last a lot longer before they fade.

oh, and when i did the 312mm upgrade i only changed the discs as i had put new pads on 3 weeks earlier. so was only the discs which changed