Flushing the water system

Mart

Reaction score
I'm looking to give my water system a complete flush & put fresh antifreeze in as well! I'd do it myself, apart from the fact I don't know anything about doing it, and would just mess it up!
Audi has quoted me £90 to flush and refill again!
Is this a good price, or does anyone know a good place that'll do it for less in the essex area, I'm near J27 M25!

G'wan, do it yourself!!

depends if you have:

1. A hosepipe.
2. Any cats (you want to keep).
3. Eco warrior neighbours

If the answers 1 is yes, and 2 and 3 are no, then your in for an easy ride.

if however 2 or 3 are yes, then it'll just take a lil bit longer while you catch all the coolant and flushed water.

90 quid is extortionate, it means that about 78 quid of that is labour.

best speak to other abouts the best hose to take off while flushing, but it'll all depend on how thorough you want to flush the system.

My cat's no more! so that's not a problem!
I'll get a Haynes Manual, and see what I can do!

Thanks

Drain the water/antifreeze from either the bottom Rad hose or the drain plug on the rad, then wedge the hose into the header tank and run until clear. After that shove the hose into the rad at the bottom and allow it to run out of the header tank, again until it's clear.

If you have climate, put the ignition on for a while with the heater on the hottest setting, or if no climate, make sure the knob is set at the hottest.

Once done put hose back on/plug in and refil with the required amount of G12 coolant, and top up with water.

Make sure you top up slowly, as that helps to stop air bubbles getting trapped in the system

HTH