Loosing All Turbo / Power!! 96 A4 1.9tDi

I

imported_Audi_DavE

As mentioned in the title, twice now I have totally lost turbo boost on the car. Its a 96 A4 1.9tdi (90bhp) On both occasions the car has been very cold and I have been giving it the "Beans" becuase of accelerating in to a dual carridgeway. When it gets to around 4000rpm the car just feels like it looses a load of power, like it backs off, then until i turn the car off then on again there is hardly any power, nothing happens when I plant my foot etc. I was thinking that it might have something to do with the MAF sensor? I have never had it off to give it a clean (someone told me ya have to now and then, dont know if its entirely true) but im worried it could be something more serious, as last year, the turbo started sucking oil and pushin it in to the chambers.. so the car with no ignition on was redining on oil LOL.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Reagrds
Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Audi_DavE,

I had the same problem with mine. It turned out to be the connections on the MAF plug. Cleaned them with contact cleaner and ok now for 3 Months.
My MAF was replaced about 8 Months ago as I had no power above 3000 Revs.
As yours seems to be intermittant it could either be on its way out or its the connections.
Jim.

I should have read your post correctly!
I thought you had already cleaned it. Give it a clean first before forking out on a new one, also clean the connections.
Jim.

thanks for the reply. Was gonna use some Isopropl Alchohol to give it a clean with a Q tip? anything other i could use or will this do the job?

Regards

Dave