Any one ever bought one of these?

audi-a6

Reaction score
AUDI A4 S4 2.7L B5 V6 97-02 Bi TURBO DECAT DOWNPIPES | eBay

The only reason i ask is i bought this (4 piece) kit AUDI S4 B5 2.7L V6 200 CELL SPORT CAT & DOWNPIPE | eBay a while back, but only came with up-pipes and cats, not with the second de-cat like above. I now want a full de-cat but dont want to buy the whole kit! so wanted to know if any one bought the above (6 piece kit) and has the 2nd de-cat pipe they want to sell. I have emailed the sellers on flea-bay but they wont sell seperatly and its pointless buying the kit again just for 2 pipes?

Think there the toyosport ones (same as xspower) lot of the srs lads run them iirc !!

yeah they are xs power, not bad quality for the money, mines been on a while now with no problems, its just i need the second pipes (de-cat)

They're not cats in your first link, they're just additional silencers.

The ones you bought do appear to be cats however.

Why do you want to remove them? I'd imagine your best option would simply to get an exhaust shop to cut them out.

Yeah the ones i bought are 200 cel sports cats, the ones i want are just the pipes with no cats or silencers i still feel the sports cats are quite restrictive though and want to reduce lag as much as i can. I thought about cutting them out, but still need something in for the mot, thats why i thought if i could get those pipes, shorten them and weld a flange on the end of each pipe then i could just swap and change with ease for mot

well just get an exhaust shop to cut out your existing cats, add some flanges and make up a delete section. Will surely cost less than having to buy those pipes, and then still cut them up and weld flanges on...

Personally i think your wasting your time, the difference will be marginal at best, and the hassle for the MOT test, plus the (albeit small) risk of getting it picked up on a spot check just isnt worth it for the unperceptible increase it might give.

hmmm, i see what you mean, garage want over 300 quid to make up de-cats :-( where as a welder will charge 30 quid to just put flanges on.......