Advice needed (roughly)

scr8pdo

Reaction score
I have decided to keep hold of my B5 and do a bit of beneficial work on it. I planning on fitting the 130 manifold (currently 110) also I need to k now if my own turbo will bolt straight on, also I will be looking for a bigger turbo (130) and if there are any big/complicated mods to fit a 130 turbo, will I need a remap, injectors ? etc these are the the sort of questions I need to know, the car has already been decatted and god knows what else, it looks to stll have the EGR fitted but other little mods likoff etc.

I guess I could do with a local expert to run their eyes over it see whats missing etc?? I live just on the outskirts of Wigan nr Ashton in Makerfield Hindley way, so any help would be great guys kind regards Steve:)

Im not to far from you, but never touched the 1.9TDI before and dont really have any knowledge on them in terms of modding the engine etc i dont like dervs and probably never will like them !!

but i could always pop over for a chit chat sometime !!

what your car look like seem a couple round hindley/wigan way !!

The pd130 is bolt on the AFN engine, the pd 130 turbo also is bolt on but requires a boost pipe from the donor so it can clip to the intercooler pipe. Injectors are nice to upgrade and very cheap to get too ! With a remap, nozzles, pd turbo and intake manifold you're looking at 160-170Bhp all day long without detrimental fuel consumption ! The real turbo upgrade on these is a bv43 or gt1752 hybrid, good for 200-210 Bhp all day long !

Reactions: scr8pdo
Hi mate , yeah nice to meet up, my car is a B5 Avant with 19"s on in I think its called Mica blue, not caked in mods or owt, it has beige leather trim, maybe slightly lowered on coilovers, other than that, Iam alwways buzzing round Platt Bridge, Bamfurlong (where I live) and up Hindley mainly down Tescos or shooting through to Westhoughton which I reguraly freqent :) spelling! tut tut

Na no S4 badge mate just a red I TDi one, normally caked in mud from frequenting various scrapyards up Westhoughton, (I used to be the workshop foreman at ATS up there) so know a few peeps up that way

So really, Iam looking for a 130 manifold and a turbo, some injectors,(anyone know which ones) a remap so far??

I mean to go and bolt on one of those BV43 or GT 1752 turbos onto my car is it a lot of messing about and chopping about or straight fit???? I never done much mods on DERVs but willing to learn, or would I be better bolting up a decent 130PD turbo for now Id also need pointing in the right direction for a decent remap and injectors/nozzles ETC thanks in advice guys I just fancy a quickish B5 Avant that can shock a few fiestas lol

Interested in this.
I got the same engine, so looking forward to your final list and what happens.

I read somewhere that people recommended fitting a 12mm fuel pump when fitting bigger injectors as ours is 11mm. Is this true or needed with what the parts that Scr8pdo is getting?

One of my mates is running a 1.9 tdi quattro with a bv43, pd130 intake and boost pipes, new intercooler, 3 bar MAP sensor, 11mm pump, 0.216 nozzles, chipped ecu and it flies ! I reckon it needs larger nozzles but it's a great daily driver !

^^^This is the kind of motor I want, not an all out balls out racer, but a rapid DERV that can fire off snot hatches in a cloud of soot lol, I will be uprating other stuff too like brakes and stuff, I just dont know whether to stick with the AFN lump or go for a 130PD and **** about with that?? Any ideas, Ive been told the AFN is a strong old boat anchor and worth using that as a base, remember Iam novice to VAG DERVs but WANNA LEARN :) thanks in advance chaps and chaparoes! Steve

Im not a big fan of the PD lumps I had the 130 passat and to be honest I found my old 110 passat better on fuel and it felt a bit liveler to drive.
my A4 that ive got the now has the AFN lump its had a remap from morebhp.com and its currently got 147bhp and 295nm of torque.
when it was in for its MOT the boy made a comment on how well it went as he has a 130 A4 thats been played with and he said his car wouldn't look at mine.

I'm still running with the standard turbo, pump and injectors at the moment. my plans are once ive got the rest of the car sorted ill be following some of chris's advice and getting the 130 inlet manifold and turbo. ill also be looking for bigger nozzles and hopefully get a 12mm pump.

Im also planning on tinkering with my spare AFN engine the head will be coming off for some work and a change of cam.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-s4-forum-b5-chassis/191402-afn-tuning.html

The pump you're looking for is a 11mm pump off the AHH engine. Getting a bv43, 11mm pump, bosio race 520 injector nozzles, remap and a ported head will do over 220Bhp ! If someone knows how that will drive it's me, had these mods before in a AHH engined audi a4 and that was faster than a corrado vr6 ! Crashed the car after a while-hit a post whilst leaving a car park- then pulled the engine out ! I still have it if someone wants it, £1500 and it's yours ! The engine ran great and had more mods:ported head, double valve springs, pistons, rods,etc. Here's a clip of it running after rebuild, did not thrash it as it was still bedding in + the 2nd one is in the wet, the car wasn't mapped yet :

If your going to change the turbo, dont bother with the PD130 unit and go straight to the BV43.

PD130 isnt bigger by enough to make the expense of the upgrade worthwhile.