Custom forged pistons
Gasflowed Head
Shrick cams
Dailbach manifold
GT2871 turbo
Blueprinted
Omex 600 managment

P1020346.jpg

awesome, what RR figures have you achieved with that? and whats the redline like?

its going in the dyno cell on monday where I will spend most of 2 days mapping it..

estimated BHP is 400.... we shall see..

the turbo will be the weak point there.....

figures so far

at 1 bar boost, low compression engine 8.2:1 on a GT28RS turbo (its not the GT2871R)

it made 332bhp at 5000 rpm
and 255 ft/lbs at 2900 rpm

the turbo had a problem (hence we found out it was not as the customer thought it was) ... the roller bearing had started to kill itself.

so it will run 25 psi on a larger turbo next week...

but the results are enouraging considering the low compression

What bore / stroke / rod length are you using?
Sounds like an interesting engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Will that be the diesel crank with the 144mm rods? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

out of interest - what make of crank /rods/pistons are you using? i looked at this a while ago and had dificulty finding uk suppliers/importers

the diesel crank is a forged 95.5mm stroke so its strong.

it should give you a 2.1L conversion with the 82.5mm pistons but you need custom rods and pistons -i would use a custom steel crank as well though i think rather than the diesel one.

Me too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Look here for more info...

we import from them now..... as I am extreemly impressed with the quality of the components.

We now also have a new turbo spec available to buy...

fast spool up, power handling in excess of 450 bhp ..

pics to follow..

have you looked at the 95.5mm crank? might not produce the same high revs / power but is it any good for 7000-7200 rpm as a high torque road engine? i guess if its light enough it might.

should make 2.1L with an 82.5mm bore

was thinking of running it with a k27 or similar and the mtm s3/tt exhaust manifold and downpip.

[ QUOTE ]
have you looked at the 95.5mm crank? might not produce the same high revs / power but is it any good for 7000-7200 rpm as a high torque road engine? i guess if its light enough it might.

should make 2.1L with an 82.5mm bore

was thinking of running it with a k27 or similar and the mtm s3/tt exhaust manifold and downpip.

[/ QUOTE ]

not yet, the customer wants to stick to this one... so we did

Looking very good indeed Andy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sounds like a beast! Have you got a dyno graph? Would be good to see what it looks like...

RIch

have you got a manifold and downpipe for transverse 4wd cars such as the s3 and tt for this turbo?

ATP quote their manifold (used on this conversion) as being suitable for mostly any VAG 1.8T engine, including TT and Beetle etc.

It is available with either T25/28 or T3 flange.

You can see it, along with their description here

This is their transverse kit... includes d/p etc.

Cheers

Tim