Washer Bottle Pumps

tonybolony

Reaction score
Another job on my Car seen as the engine is out, is fix a leak on my wash bottle, in doing so i also see i have 2 pumps, one halway down into the bottle and the other below at almost the bottom, can somebody tell me which pump is for what please as i noticed the top one is rusty and has a split

Don't know if the S4 I's the same but on my facelift A4 the lower pump nearest the front is the headlight washer and the other is windscreen.

Maybe mine have been swapped about because the lower one deffo goes to the headlights, but it would make more sense the other way round

but basically we are saying headlights and Front screen then? my headlight washers dont work, so i am guessing thats the middle one as that pump looks totally foooooked!!

Oh and also are the Headlight and the windscreen the same type of pump? , sorry for all the noob questions

I think the pumps are different as I'm almost certain the windscreen one does the level too. But should be the same between a4/s4

The level sensor is seperate and is on the side of the bottle, but id expect the headlight one to have a higher pressure out put to engage the actual headlight washer ?? May be wrong though !!

Lower pump is the headlight pump, upper one is windscreen and both pumps are different.
just replaced mine recently.