different mass air sensor?

brfoos

Reaction score
hi this is my first post. I own a 98 a4 1.8t, i have done many mods including chip, full exhaust, upgraded injectors, t3 turbo, exhaust manifold, bov, electronic boost controller, and a turbo timer. my question is that i just burned out my mass air sensor i was wondering if anyone knows if i can get a stronger one built for more boost that i can use or maybe a blow through one not sure many thanks

I have heard of stronger MAS units being used from vehicles like fords and things like that, but I am not sure of the full details. I know that there isn't one you can just purchase, fit and away you go though.

Sorry I can''t help anymore than that.

my friend is looking into using the maf from a rs2. he found out that someone was using it and it worked great

Hello mate,

Although the Audi MAF's are very sensitive, the charge velocity through the standard unit with the increased CFM of the T3 will surely be pushing it past it's limit.

Get your calculator out and work out standard airflow through the maf and then calculate an increased bore size, obtaina bit of aluminium tube suitable and install your maf unit on this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice setup BTW, i'll be making my own manifold and exhaust laster on this year and installing a T3. What sort of psi are you running? standard pistons or 225 versions?