Exhaust smell inside car

audi-a6

Reaction score
So, an a6 2.7t (posting here as similar engine to s4 and get more response) so as title says, just lately I've notice a strong smell of exhaust gasses inside car, but only when I put my foot down and on boost, if just pooling along at any speed at any rev it's fine, no smell at all, but as soon as on boost, it stinks inside car, I've checked under car, no exhaust blowing or any thing like that, any ideas?

i might have lost a bot of power as well, as don't seem as torquey as it was but might just be I've got so used to the car

Try and restrict the exhaust with a rag and have someone look under the bonnet and chassis for leaks

No the pollen filter has not been changed, but still the shouldn't be any gasses in the engine bay.

does my car have a charcoal filter?

with rags, worth ago I suppose

so, bunged up the tail pipes and no blows what so ever, so it must be between turbos and inlet manifold?

one thing i have noticed is that when the engine is cold, the smell is constant and only when the engine is warmed up is when it only smells under power load

one thing i have noticed is that when the engine is cold, the smell is constant and only when the engine is warmed up is when it only smells under power load

Maybe a cracked manifold or turbine housing if your sure its not gaskets

and it seems weird that when you first start car, you can smell the fumes on both sides at the back of the engine, (when your under the bonnet)

and it seems weird that when you first start car, you can smell the fumes on both sides at the back of the engine, (when your under the bonnet)
You may not hear it, both your turbos should be near the back on either side, you may be lucky and it's just gaskets

I had similar and was turbo-downpipe gaskets, but I could hear the leak