Badger5Chris Nott
    VW + Audi mad

Status

Adrian Flux-any good for insurance?

My insurance is due for renewal soon and have spent a frustrating afternoon getting quotes for the A4.....
    No problems at all with many of the companies until I mention the car has an RS4 grille and a TDi tuning module, at which point they start producing ridiculous quotes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif[/img].
    Typical quotes (unmodified car) that I've had are approx the 440 mark, from both Norwich Union Direct and Tesco (with whom I'm currently insured), the comedy quote was Admiral, at 675 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img] .
    With the tuning module fitted Norwich Union wouldn't cover the car [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img], whilst Tesco's revised quote was 582 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
    I want to change from Tesco as I was told prior to buying / fitting the tuning box that the extra premium would be approx 50 per year, when I rang them up to say I was just about to fit the box they then told me it would cost an extra 35 just until the end of my policy (about 6 weeks).
    To say I was peeved about this apparent rip-off is an understatement...
    Anyway,have got a quote from Adrian flux for 413 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img],fully comp with all mods declared ,protected NCB, legal cover protection and courtesy car , excess at 250 is lower than I'm currently on too...
    Can't help feeling though that the Adrian Flux quote is a little too good to be true and am a bit worried that they use 'Mickey Mouse' insurance companies....
    Anyone have any experience or know which companies Flux tend to use?
    I guess when all the paperwork comes through for the quote I'll have more opportunity to study who Flux use, but am wondering if I should try anybody else for a quote, or go for Flux?
    If anyone has experience of Flux I'd be grateful to hear, both good and bad....

Thanks

Paul
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

TQS
    1st Gear

Status

Re: Adrian Flux-any good for insurance?

I've been with Fluxy for 3 years and have always found them to be competitive. Never had to claim yet but from memory, my policy is with Royal Sun Alliance (if not them it is with another well known company) so i think you should put your mind at rest and take the plunge!

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel

Flux baby, yeah !!

I have been with them for years, they are very good, i do pay 500 ish, age 34 full no claims,mods declared are. Alloys,Suspension, and chip. The chip and alloys never happened, but i wanted to be covered if they had. I will revise the details at renewal time.

cheesypeas

Status

ill be moving from tesco in june.... insurance is still over a grand a year [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ah the joys of being only 21

Grumpy Old Man

Status

I moved to Adrian Flux last month. So far, so good.

1st Gear

Status

Same here. Moved to Flux in Sept and have no complaints. I moved on the basis that if eventually getting my a4 chipped the additional cost was not too bad.

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    ill be moving from tesco in june.... insurance is still over a grand a year [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ah the joys of being only 21

[/ QUOTE ]

Greenlight are good. I'm 22, 2 years NCB, all mods declared (Everything! long list!) and it came in at 1099 unlimited mileage!

3rd Gear

Status

I was with Tesco and they were charging me 600ish for my A6 and wanted 30% more for a 30% gain with a revo remap.
    Flux quoted me 430ish including remap, so I swapped there and then, didn't wait for the policy to end and Tesco sent me a refund for 66 too even though I was paying monthly.

Greenlight wanted nearly 600 btw.

VW + Audi mad

Status

Thanks for the replies everyone .
    Subject to reading all the small print in the quote, looks like I'll be going with Flux.....

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

21- SP60 (No ban)- Norwich union did the 1.8T for 350 third party

jcb
    6th Gear

Status

i got a pretty good quote from flux as well.
    BT conversion on 1.8t a4 350bhp all other changes declared - 2 yrs ncb - 900 fully comp

imported_Cali

Try C&S Insurance brokers Chesham
    Competative quotes - just remember the cheapest ain't the best.
    My brother got his off the internet and had a problem when he went to claim - was a nighmare. Cost him a fortune on calls and it still isn't sorted 10mths down the line