Audi A4 1.9 TDI 110 - General Info and Buying Advice Please :)

DelBoyUK

Reaction score
After my father saw my A3, he now wants the bigger A4.

He is on a bit of a budget, but he has came across a 1999 T reg A4 1.9 TDI 110 Auto in silver (which I believe is the face lift?) the car has 133k miles.

Now my questions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1) Will the Auto box be OK and continue to go on for a while more at that mileage?

2)Does the Auto really wipe off nearly 2secs from the 0-60 of the car and 10mpg down? Or doesnt that carry forward to real life driving?

3) What are the key things to look for on this series A4? It had the cambelt done, 13k ago.

4)How should I check a diesel engine over? Just the usual oil and look for white residue underneath oil cap?

5) How much do you think the car is worth?

I think thats all for the moment, thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Make sure you see it start from cold. Preferable after it has been sitting all night, should start within half a turn!. Listen for knocking noises from the front suspension. Sorry , don't know much about auto boxes.

Thanks, will make sure we do. Going to see it, in about 30 min, hope its good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just came back, it had clearly been an accident repaired car, so left it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif