Its official...I have joined the B5 S4 owners club!!

jcb

Reaction score
after a 90 quattro for 4 years and a 1.8tqs for 7 years I bit the bullet

Insurance pay-out on the TQS was good and with the parts I have stripped off it I found a very clean example fairly local
Recaro interior, BOSE sound, on Eibach coils, Scorpion exhaust, truly shocking wheels but I have some nice B7 RS4 alloys
and the best bit.......

It looks identical to the TQS, just sounds and goes a bit better!!

going to have to get used to a 6 speed box and not having to drop a gear to overtake!
Has a few little issues but nothing major, DIS pixels, stupidly sold my centre armrest though!! could have swapped that in!

Already planning to refit the Ali roof bars, some of the polybushed suspension parts, RS4 grill etc etc

not until I get rid of these wheels!
embarrassing!!

Nice to hear of a cloud with a silver lining! You'll love the S4. Just hope the insurance isn't too punishing.

exactly the same as my TQS!!
don't know how or why, not challenging them!

Saw your threads on SRS, can't imagine how gutted you were! Looking forward to seeing some pics!

OK
Ignore the wheels
it was seriously clean when I picked it up

have just whipped off the ali roof bars off the TQS, autosol'd and ready to go on...can;t be doing with black on a silver car!
Alcantara RS steering wheel is cleaned and fluffed up.....luckily the airbag from this one fits, not as nice as the TT one I had on ot before

The Recaro leather has been treated to a Gliptone clean and conditioning
Tyres come off the old wheels to send them off to some TLC

still havent come to terms with the handling, its a bit sloppy
Polybushed arms and solid bushed subframe from the old one will go on when I have time

the gear shift is shocking compared to the old box, not sure if this one is sloppy or if it is a characteristic of the S4 box
like stirring porridge compared to my old one

needs some rocker cover gaskets
have a loose exhaust hanger
some strange whirring noise coming from the glove box when you turn the ignition on, sounds like something is opening in a hammer house of horrors film

suspect the engine mounts are a bit tired but have a new poly snubmount to go on when I find time, should go some way to pinning it down

enjoying the torque.....and the 2nd and 3rd gear redline
going to be an expensive summer if I keep "testing" the acceleration!

When you say TT airbag is that the one with the ally looking dimpled ring ?? Ive always wandered if they would fit the sports wheel in B5's !!!

you got any pics ??

yep that one
have pics of the exploded one with a bent dimpled ring if that helps!!

will see what I can find