brake reservoir cracked!!!

gedi

Reaction score
Hi. I found today that my brake reservoir has little cracks on the brake servo side and it leeks brake fluid but only small bit. I just wondering is it straight swap job of the actual brake fluid reservoir or the whole servo out job. Thanx.

Just a swap it over job, just suck all of the fluid out best you can when you pop it off have a plastic cup at the ready to catch the remaining BF in the resivour .

Thanks. Have to get it sorted ASAP.

This must be a common fault as the price for a brand new one from Audi is very good. I had to change mine, it just pulls off but I bought some big syringes off ebay to suck the fluid out. There is a little pipe on the new reserviour you might have to cut as it feeds the clutch cylinder and is blocked from new (I guess for auto cars).

finally got time to change it and honestly thats probably the easiest job if dont change brake fluid. It took me about 10 min to change it and no bleeding needed. At least i feel safe knowing that brakes gona be there when i need them :racer:

as long its sealed and has no leaks i dont think there is any harm but its just my opinion

yer its been like that about a year, brakes are solid, level is still the same. i need to change the whole system, so might aswell order one and swap it over at the same time.

have one off my TQS if you want a cheap fix