Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

Question Should my S4 have vented rear discs?

Today i've been to have a pair of rear tyres put on the S4 and whilst there i took the chance to have a poke around in the backwheel arches, i noticed that the n/s rear brake shield appears to be fitted back to front which is slightly worrying but mainly that the car is on solid discs,surely that can't be right on an S4?

I took some pictures of what is on the car,can anyone shed some light on what should be on there.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Prefacelift upto '99 got solid discs, facelifts 99-01 got vented iirc so yours is a PFL i take it ??
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Neutral

Status
    Yes it's a '99 but one of the last pre facelift i think, thanks for the quick response,i thought somebody had been bodging before i bought the car.

Status
    That dust shield does look abnormal and you cant put them on backwards i dont think, as i tried to bolt one on and realised it was the wrong way

don't no if there different on the S4 to the TQS so might well be on backwards !!

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Neutral

Status
    Will take a look at some point this week , just so i know, which is the correct way? the shield sloping away from the top of the disc or the shield coming over the disc ?

Status
    The correct way is the way the dust shield is in your 2nd pic in your 1st post !!

Neutral

Status
    Just as i thought but best to check

Status
    Just out of interest do you have to run spacers with the B6 S4 alloys to clear the brakes or are they just for stance/looks ??

Status
    Thats if your still on b6 s4 alloys ??

Neutral

Status
    On the back they fit fine without spacers and the front too with stock s4 calipers,but when i put the porsche calipers on i needed a 10mm spacer for clearance, making the setup et35, i added the spacers on the rear just so the track would be increased the same as the front.

Status
    Ahh ok just curious as im going bigger brakes all round, how much clearance on the rears without spacers as ill be doing the 300mm S4 facelift upgrade ??

Neutral

Status
    On the rear there was loads of space, would have thought a 300mm disc will fit fine, the fronts did with the stock s4 calipers and discs which are huge.

Status
    Yeah stock s4 are 321mm iirc mine will be 345mm/300mm, reason for asking is because the facelift rear calipers are bulky as hell so poke out towards the 'spokes' a hell of alot more than solid S4 brakes !!

Neutral

Status
    Ah i see, well i only have the little solid brakes on the back so can't be much help i'm afraid.