difference between sport springs and standard

Think factory is 20mm? I've just fitted eibach springs they say 30mm and apex do 40mm springs
I parked next to a standard A4 and it look jacked up compared to mine.

I was thinking 20mm but wasnt sure. ive just picked up a set of sport avant springs so thinking on getting these put on and doing away with the coilovers.

in an ideal world I would like the eibach 30mm springs but just spent a fair wad on the wifes sharan and getting the A4 through its mot

any pictures of youre car with the eibachs on it?

Its something like 20-30mm lower.
I fitted a 40mm kit to mine and it dropped it by about 10mm

Could do with another 10mm I think though,

The sports setup - PR code 1BE is 20mm lower than the standard setup - 1BA.

#21 shows the difference between 1BE and 1BT (7mm higher than standard) to give you an idea

according to etka 1BV, which is TQS, is 30mm lower.

I tried looking for a good before and after pic and I can't.
Loads of afters but none before.

Here's is a after pick for 40mm lower.

I'm not sure switching to sport springs is really worth the effort involved. Stock sports sit far too high, and look silly with bigger wheels on.

225 45r17 is the correct tyre size for 17's on a B5.

Stock sport and TQS's all seem to sit with the nose in the air. Not sure if this is a result of the rear springs sagging, or just how audi built them.

I'd order up some H&R's or Eibachs.

I'm not sure switching to sport springs is really worth the effort involved. Stock sports sit far too high, and look silly with bigger wheels on.

225 45r17 is the correct tyre size for 17's on a B5.

the 17" wheels ive got came with 235/45/17 on them and after a phone call today it looks like thats what will be staying on them as I have 4 nearly new heading my direction for a good price

Do SE, Sport, and TQS share the same shocks? They need to match the springing.

My TQS seems very stiffly sprung - Id say its similar to my old S8, which was similar to my 2.8 A4 with H&R springs and sport shocks (which couldnt keep up with the springs)

Do SE, Sport, and TQS share the same shocks? They need to match the springing.

My TQS seems very stiffly sprung - Id say its similar to my old S8, which was similar to my 2.8 A4 with H&R springs and sport shocks (which couldnt keep up with the springs)
the quattro has a completely different suspension set up on the rear so the springs and shockies are not interchangeable with the 2wd to the quattro

im pretty sure the fronts are the same just depends on spec and engine.

the quattro has a completely different suspension set up on the rear so the springs and shockies are not interchangeable with the 2wd to the quattro

im pretty sure the fronts are the same just depends on spec and engine.

Yup, but I thought both 2wd and 4wd where available in SE and Sport. Ive had a 1.9TDi 2wd with sport suspension, a 2.8 Quattro with sport, and later sport shocks and H&R springs, and a still have a TQS. Obviously the TQS is only available in quattro.

Also worth noting, Sports have a 'quicker' steering rack and different ARB's. 2wd cars have no rear ARB except that built into the beam axle.

I've heard that "sports have a quicker rack" thing before, but its not backed up by ETKA. ETKA only lists racks by engine type.

TQS has an S4 rack. Other than that, they're split 4cyl / 6cyl.