looks like ill be getting a nice A4

easytease

cheesypeas
Reaction score
Website
www.bobbycock.com
went to see http://tinyurl.com/8k5r9 that today, and well its mine (on the condition her husband agrees on 4200) the car is nearly mint (a scuff on the rear offside door). being a 1999 should it have the bose system? it has a casette deck but she said there was no cd player /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

anyways... im an audi man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

whats the concert 'system' consist of? im just researching for future upgrade. i wanna keep it OE and stealth, but if i cant find a bose system to put in the car then ill have to get alpine headunit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You have a set of 4 inch comps and tweets in the doors, and a set of 5 inch coax's in the rear shelf.

The rear speakers have a silly little small amp bullt in to one of the speakers, so when you change the HU u usually lose the rear speakers.

The front will take 5 inch speakers with adapters and the rear 6 inch, i however have 6 inch in the front and none in the rear to let me BASS in,lol

I mounted my 6 inch comps in the OEM possitions with MDF rings and some fibre glass, not as good as door builds but nice and stealth and better than the 5 inchs were

For a HU get a Becker or Nak for a nice OEM feel/look
IMO

[ QUOTE ]
whats the concert 'system' consist of?

[/ QUOTE ]

As Andymac once summarised so perfectly:

HU by Panasonic/Matsushita
Speakers by Nokia
Wiring by Fisher-Price.

The other option is keep the standard set-up and put a rear sub box in the boot with an Amp and take a feed off the rear speakers without changing the head unit.

[ QUOTE ]
You have a set of 4 inch comps and tweets in the doors, and a set of 5 inch coax's in the rear shelf.

The rear speakers have a silly little small amp bullt in to one of the speakers, so when you change the HU u usually lose the rear speakers.

The front will take 5 inch speakers with adapters and the rear 6 inch, i however have 6 inch in the front and none in the rear to let me BASS in,lol

I mounted my 6 inch comps in the OEM possitions with MDF rings and some fibre glass, not as good as door builds but nice and stealth and better than the 5 inchs were

For a HU get a Becker or Nak for a nice OEM feel/look
IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm what 6" drivers are they? only ive got some Phoenix Gold TI6 Elites that i dont really wanna part with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif but i might have to if they dont fit.

i think ill just run new speakers all round, get some niceJL coaxuals up the rear then prolly some DLS' or RE's up front /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif cant wait till the weekend now

sorry to sound so fecking stupid here...

i pick it up tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif what do i need? V5 service history blar blar blar i know that. but what about the 'programmer key' is this a differnt colour to the normal ones? and wheres the locking wheel nut thingy? does if form part of the tool kit in the boot?