Oil pump ??

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Think my oil pumps ready for letting go now the question is were to source one but at the minute im skint theres a topran one on ebay for around £40 and i would prefer to fit a genuine pump but there £191+ vat from TPS.

going to do a 50/50 flush tonight see how it goes, fingers crossed !!

Parts depot on eBay had a genuine one for £80 but its not listed anymore, may be worth a message to see if they are getting anymore in soon?

**** me its gone quick, i dipped the oil when i got the car in and realised that it was over a month ago since i last checked my oil it was below minimum ... Wwwhhhoooppppsss :( i should of checked that first doh, i just presumed my pump was on its way out (as you would) so ive topped it up for now and no light so far but its still a little noisy on the top end for my liking so im going to flush it tomorrow, but still guna get a new pump for piece of mind may see if i can source a donor engine to start building up a strong motor as think this one has been abused all its life its give me nothing but trouble this car lol

I have a topran pump, i went onto to Parts depot to blag that OEM one but it was already gone,lol

how long have you been running the topran one?
i want to do mine soon, 128k on the engine now so can't be long for this world! Yeah gutted that one went, had been there for a while too! You got any updates on your build yet?

may see if i can source a donor engine to start building up a strong motor as think this one has been abused all its life its give me nothing but trouble this car lol

this is my plan too, still got the engine from my breaker so I'm going to build that up to the spec I want, then keep mine as a standard spare.

how long have you been running the topran one?
i want to do mine soon, 128k on the engine now so can't be long for this world! Yeah gutted that one went, had been there for a while too! You got any updates on your build yet?

topran is german and if your using one on yours mark that will do for me and for £40 ill be having one id prefer to pay double for a genuine one but theres none left on ebay at the minute and im skint so topran will be my choice unless one pops up !!

Going to get a oil pressure gauge aswell so i can keep an eye on things as mines on 149k now !! Theres no real history with mine its got a duplicate service book which could of well been made up and just the mot certificates which has some failures and one invoice for front cv boot, hazard switch and a tyre all 2009 iirc and the cv boots have just been done, so in a nutshell the cars a ticking time bomb lol but i do my best to keep it going !!