Another A4 B5 lover.

Dimokslis

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to start this thread as owning 3 x A4 B5. (do not ask how did that happened :))
No. 1 - X reg A4 B5 Avant 1.9 TDI PD, 115bhp (AJM) in light silver metallic, LY7W. This is the everyday car, to get to the job and elsewhere. Had 2 doors crashed 9 months after purchase and 2 weeks after timing belt kit, brake pads and engine mounts done. Then car was not driven for 1,5 years (thanks to solicitors, who even stolen some parts of it and made more damage). So after all put it all together and decided to keep it. I'm not going to do anything with it but what requires to keep it running and safe on the road.
No. 2 - P reg A4 B5 Avant 1.9 TDI Quattro, 110 bhp (AFN) in cactus green, LZ6L. I have done loads with it (FL doors and wings, rear el. windows, FL headlining, FL water deflectors and battery cover, new bushes for suspension on the rear axle, etc.) but much more needs to be done.
No. 3 - V reg A4 B5 Avant 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport, 180 bhp (AJL) in brilliant black, LY9B. Just bought it, so only replaced ABS module and replaced some broken plastics. There are also much to do to get it close to perfect condition.
So here I need some advice from you all guys.
One of two, No.2 or No.3, will be a project car as I really like B5. So which one would you make your pride and joy?
I am not looking for loads bhp as it would make TQS winning this competition. Also TQS is a FL model, that bring it up a bit, but as I have converted or will be anyway most PFL interior and body panels to FL it does not make much difference (only airbags are pita at the moment). The car I'll choose will be brought back to its original condition, without leaving any broken clips or not working features or any oil marks anywhere (is that possible?). It will be definitely resprayed, coilover'ed, 18'' wheel'ed, half leather recaro fitted. After all this would be done, I would go for Navi and at last maybe for a chip tuning or S4 look alike.
So I would really love to hear your opinions.
Thank you.

Last edited: