my s4 pics

S4gilly

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of my new motor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

web page

Getting new suspention soon.

What is the best setup to go for?

I dont want to loose much comfort and want to drop it about 20-30mm. I was thinking eibach or H&R springs with bilstein shocks. any ideas?

ooo recaro's !
very nice indeed, as for suspension, i have H&R coilovers and the ride is very smooth and throw it into a corner and you just stick to the road.

Lovely car S4gilly and welcome to the forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

H&R Coilovers use Bilstein shocks and are some of the best out there.

And if you're interested in getting a set I can get them cheaper than they're available in this country /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thinking about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif there are two sets available for the S4, the normal version and the 'Ultra' version which offers even lower adjustability (up to 3" drop IIRC) and they don't seem to be available here either. I can get them though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif They're also an upgrade for the A4 TQ from the normal kit that is available for those.

Best wishes

Tim

What price would i be looking at for the H&R coilovers (normal version)?
Not botherd about having it too low i just want about a 20mm - 30mm drop and maximum comfort, are they ride and hight adjustable or just hight.

Thanx

£799 delivered for the normal set - lowering [mm] rear axle 20 - 70, lowering [mm] front axle 30 - 80. Year: from 09.1997

£1150 for the Ultra Set (this is less than the normal set usually costs) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Best wishes

Tim

Collection is not possible really because they'll be delivered direct from Germany! Unless you fancy a bit of a drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ah ok will let you know. Will be just after xmas.
Everybody says that the H&R coilovers are the best setup but some say thay are a little harsh and need a professional install not a DIY job, surely they are no different to fitting normal shocks spring.

No different at all, they're simply a set of coilovers. Should take no more than two hours. Setting up will probably be needed but that can be done anywhere that has four wheel alignment facilities...