Passenger and seat airbags in a car without them.

Dimokslis

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Has anyone installed passenger and seat airbags in a car which did only have steering wheel airbag? Is it doable at all? I've got 1999 Audi breaking for spares, so all bits are available, just how to sort out the wires.
First of all, would the other type of airbag unit work on my current car?
Also does anyone have a detailed wiring harness from a fuse box to where the airbag harness (picture) connects (connectors 2 and 4).
http://www.jimellisaudiparts.com/images/parts/Audi/fullsize/260972240.jpg
Also I realized, that fl steering wheel airbag has different connectors than my one. My one has only 2 pins and FL has 4 pins. Do you know where the other 2 wires go from that connector on FL?

I know its confusing but any thoughts from you are welcome.
Or should I forget about it? :?

It would be a massive job, and not really worth the end result IMHO. Maybe your breaking the wrong car?!

Yes, I am, V reg 1.8, LY7W, manual.

It is a massive job, but all I need is wiring diagram from a fuse box to the steering wheel, passenger airbag and to the connectors 2 and 4 as above, and it should be alright. Hopefully. :)

Crack on with it, take lots of photos , and make a nice write up while your doing it :D

Personally i wouldnt mess with the airbags systems, they can be dangerous if they go off at the wrong time. Also if they dont go off at all could get messy.

Thats what I'm thinking. :D
I thought too about failure, but as I am going to put half leather seats with airbags and I do not like when there something in a car that does not work.

Last edited:
Yes, I am, V reg 1.8, LY7W, manual.

It is a massive job, but all I need is wiring diagram from a fuse box to the steering wheel, passenger airbag and to the connectors 2 and 4 as above, and it should be alright. Hopefully. :)

Ooh if your breaking.... I'm after a few bits from a car that colour... :)