red oil pressure light

Andyb5

Reaction score
hi guys,

aint been on here for a while and was looking for some advice

about three weeks ago my red oil pressure "the red light of death" so i have read it is reffered to came on.

I thurned engine off straight away pulled over checked oil there was plenty. turned it back on and it had gone off. Now i know this isnt the best thing i could have done but i forgot all about it and carried on driving it around no loss of power no funny noises just runs smoothly and as usual.

Thing is it came back on yesterday only for a 30 seconds beeped three times then went off again.

I have read lots of stuff about sludge and what not so an oil chnage and sevice is going to be booked in asap my problem is i need to use the car for a long jounrney about 3.5 hour drive next week and part of me is thinking since the light is not on constantly and hasnt been for the last three weeks and as there is no loss of power or any other affects it should be ok to drive? Or am i being very stupid even considering driving it for this long journey?

i think i already klnow the answer...

what do you think?

cheers

Andy

Book alternative transport if you can't change the pump between now and then, new genuine pumps can be had for less than £100 on eBay, and they can be fitted with the engine in.

The cluster certainly ignores the switch at low RPM's so it going off is no guarantee that theres sufficient pressure.

I wouldnt recommend driving it at all until its fixed.