AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Porsche cayenne calipers on S4 b5, will i require wheel spacers?

I've done a search but can't find a definitive answer. I have a pair of 18z porsche cayenne calipers, ml55 discs ( centre bore altered) and suitable bolts/sleeves etc , my wheels are the 8jx18 avus rims, does anyone know if i will need wheel spacers and if so what size?
    Thanks
    Steve

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Not sure if B5s are any different but I run 10mm spacers with my Avus winter wheels on my B7. Could probably get away with a slightly thinner spacer but 10mms were what I had. I have to run 13mm spacers with my Speedlines, the 10mms had about 1mm clearance, too close for me.

These are the only clearance pics I have with the Avus fitted.

Alan

Neutral

Status
    Brilliant, thanks for the reply. I think all things being equal ( same wheels, discs and calipers etc ) then 10mm spacers should give me the same result.
    I had intended to do a mock fit of the ML55 discs and porsche calipers today as i was doing a cv boot anyway, but was prevented from removing the caliper and disc by a rounded caliper bolt which i discovered some ham fisted babboon had left after a previous botched attempt. I will cut it off once i have the spacers as the bolts will be renewed then anyway.

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S4Steve View Post
    Brilliant, thanks for the reply. I think all things being equal ( same wheels, discs and calipers etc ) then 10mm spacers should give me the same result.
    I had intended to do a mock fit of the ML55 discs and porsche calipers today as i was doing a cv boot anyway, but was prevented from removing the caliper and disc by a rounded caliper bolt which i discovered some ham fisted babboon had left after a previous botched attempt. I will cut it off once i have the spacers as the bolts will be renewed then anyway.
    to save cutting it off get some irwin sockets you smash them over and when you undo the rounded bolt the thread in the socket grips it on removal and they do work just make sure you have a breaker bar or a ratchet that has some leverage !!!!
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Neutral

Status
    Cheers, will bob down to machine mart and get a set, looking like the 11/16" one is favourite for removing the 18mm rounded bolt.