why can't i sell this ?

HAve you advertised it anywhere else?
Autotrader on the web is the first place I'd look.
Really crap time to be selling a car though, so this won't help.

yeah it' s on Autotrader and RS246.com.

Not a sniff...!! If someone came to view it they'd fall in love i'm sure.

Me personally wouldnt consider it simply because of mileage... over 100k and I think people are weary /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif - opver 80k I am, I want something under 60k. Also being an avant kinda puts it into a specific market... familys etc - then they dont want higher miles.

It looks mint though and I love the seats *jealous*

Good luck mate.

Will be the time of year. I would remove it till into the next year to save the costs of ads on Autotrader then put a big one on in say feb or march.

".......RS4 Replicas (some scuffing due to Wife Driving it) ...."

LMAO! Good luck with the sale, my friend.

Its a very small market that you're selling to. It took me 3 months to sell my 2.8 quattro and that was almost mint and priced at below book. Selling a high mileage S4 must be even harder.

I've been looking for my replacement car for some time and I see new BMW's appearing on Autotrader every couple of weeks, where as the Audis just sit there week after week.

Personally I'd not mention any modifications or extras. Add things like cambelt change etc as thats 10 times more important to a buyer than dark windows.

Good luck

The privacy glass all round is illegal. It is not allowed on the front doors. plus its a turn off to a family owner. (and will shortly be an mot fail)

you dont mention t/belt, when next service is due, when tax/mot. What condition are the tyres - significant extra cost for a buyer.
HiD Xenons are a potential cost liability for a buyer, if you have replaced them already say so.

plus at £10K it's expensive for the age / miles.

book says £6600 if excellent, £5800 for average, down to £5000 for below average.

At this time of year, with scuffed alloys, if the tbelt is due at 120K, I would say you are looking at under £6K,

I must admit the price of S4's seems to have dropped quite significantly. I saw a 2000 saloon with 97k miles on the clock with FASH and all the extras including full recaros go for £8200 on Ebay.

insurance is more than it should be and they are more expensive than their peers.
i just paid £6k for a 1999 V 1.8t sport with 70k on the clock.
comparitively (S4 avant vs i.8t Avant)it was a no brainer.

not in 3 weeks time I won't ; )

Ummm I think retrofitting a quattro system might be slightly costly though

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm I think retrofitting a quattro system might be slightly costly though

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

erm...mine is a quattro

"i just paid £6k for a 1999 V 1.8t sport with 70k on the clock."

Ummm can't think why I didn't realise.
Maybe leaving it out of your description had something to do with it.
Sorry my crystal ball's at the cleaners this week.

[ QUOTE ]
not in 3 weeks time I won't ; )

[/ QUOTE ]

Why what are you having done?
Transplanting a 2.7T twin turbo?

IMO, a 1.8T + power != S4

[ QUOTE ]
"i just paid £6k for a 1999 V 1.8t sport with 70k on the clock."

Ummm can't think why I didn't realise.
Maybe leaving it out of your description had something to do with it.
Sorry my crystal ball's at the cleaners this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Why what are you having done?
Transplanting a 2.7T twin turbo?
IMO, a 1.8T + power != S4

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ this a negative forum!! There is a reason there is only ever 4 of you on here!!

I am fitting an IHI VF34.

[ QUOTE ]

Christ this a negative forum!! There is a reason there is only ever 4 of you on here!!

I am fitting an IHI VF34.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why negative?
You seemed to be making the point that it was better value to spend less on the
car and then spend money on upgrading it. Apologies if this was not the case.

I was merely stating that an A4 + mods != S4.

[ QUOTE ]

I was merely stating that an A4 + mods != S4.

[/ QUOTE ]

The S4 looks much better though, having the bodykit and the little <font color="red">//</font>S4<font color="#666666"> </font> badges make all the difference. In my opinion..