Avant interior lights

Mr K

Reaction score
Since I have had my FL Avant the interior light over the rear seat hasnt worked on the doors.

It works fine on the switches. I pulled it out last night and found that moving the connector up and down made the light come on and off. Is this a common failure? does anyone know where the loose connection is likely to be?

Also, should the rear / boot light come on with the side doors? Currently it is only triggered by the boot.

My rear light on my saloon was the same and when I pulled it out it had either been fitted wrong or come apart with vibration, but it wasn't clipped together correctly.
took it all apart and put it back together and all was fine.
cant say about the other lights, but someone with an avant will let you know

Had a similar problem with my car (which has lighting pack including door lights and footwell courtesy lights). Eventually traced fault to faulty microswitch in passenger door. Stripped out door card and cleaned lock, sprayed Duck Oil penetrating release, etc. Works fine now. Also check bulbs.

Get yourself a cheap multimeter - it's essential for any auto-electrical work.

Regards avant or boot light - it only comes on when you open tailgate. :yes:

Thanks, atleast I know the problem is only with the rear interior light and the boot light is behaving its self.

When I open any of the doors the front light comes on fine, so im sure its not the swtich in the door. The door open warning on the DIS works also, as do the footwell lights.

Its just that the rear light only works on the switch on the light, so im thinking there is somthing wrong inside it. I have removed and opened it up to look for any obviously loose connections, but didnt find anything. Will have another look soon.