Sky InsuranceBadger5
    Proud sponsor of the snack food industry

Status

Heko Wind Deflectors

Has anyone got these fitted??
    I've just got some 4 piece Front Rear Wind Deflectors fits Audi A41995 To 2001 4 Door Saloon | eBay
    They come with some clips that are supposed to go in the window channel but was wondering if you use them? because that channel looks awful tight to be fitting them.
    Cheers
    Si
    2000 1.8t quattro Sport totally standard (ish)

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I've just fitted some to my B6 avant and did'nt use the metal clips..... they didn't seem to want to go in and the deflectors seemed snug enough as they were without them... plus i wouldn't fancy trying to remove them once those clips are in.... i guess it's to stop people robbing them as i would imagine you could pull them off even with the windows up without those clips in .... but for the price i'm not to bothered about making them THAT secure
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    I fitted a set to mine.
    They lasted a month or two and the front ones started to crack, the rear ones fell out.

You need to the clips cause the double sided tape is not very good, that's why the rears fell out.

personally, I would not bother.
    Loads of people have fitted them and reported no issues but the two sets i've fitted have had issues.

There is another maker that does these, not sure if they are any good. I can't even remember their name to find out for you.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

Status
    Cheers. I might have a go with them this weekend if I get time. There are some available made by Climair which I think is the oem for Audi but at nearly £50 just for the front two I wasn't fancying paying that much!
    You get what you pay for I guess. If the clips are no good I have some better 3M double sided tape I could try.

1st Gear

Status
    I've fitted a few to previous cars, personally love them makes motorway driving so enjoyable. Regards to the clips use a really skinny flat head screw driver and a lot of force and the metal folds up in the gap nicely.

Neutral

Status
    I fitted a set to the front and have had no issues whatsoever. Clips were used. ;-)

Status
    I only had time to throw the front ones on at the weekend. I used the clips, 2 on each. I fitted one behind the mirror and the other vertically at the other end, both went nice and snug. I don't think you could get them in (or even supposed to) horizontally along the top edge as it's just too tight and I think it would interfere with the window going fully up anyway.
    Fair play, these things actually work! I'm a smoker and nearly always have the window open. No more ash getting blown everywhere and no more stiff neck in the winter I reckon. Result
    How long they last we will see. They do look a pain to keep clean though.
    Cheers

1st Gear

Status
    Mine lasted nearly an whole year before some scrout nicked them last month leaving the clips still in, And you can't half tell the difference when they are gone.

2nd Gear

Status
    I had these on my old 2.8, never had any touble with the fronts moving, but the rears wouldnt stay put at all so I gave up on them.

May get some for the TQS, they work really well and mean you can have the window cracked on the motorway without too much wind noise.
    1999 Audi A4 1.8TQS (Standard)
    2003 VW Golf GT TDi
    2002 Audi S8 4.2 SOLD
    2004 Alfa 156 2.4JTD 20V Veloce SOLD
    2000 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro tiptronic (Electric heated seats, winter pack, lowered on H&R Springs & 18" A8 sport wheels) SOLD
    1999 Audi A4 1.9TDI 110hp (with full Audi Sports kit) SOLD

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Pictures ?? ive been tempted on these for a while but even without them there will be no more ash as im currently going over a week strong without a cig, my new vaporiser is great reckon ill be off that in a month or two
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Neutral

Status
    Quick pic. On the front....

uploadfromtaptalk1372160126177.jpg