Heko Wind Deflectors

I've just fitted some to my B6 avant and did'nt use the metal clips..... they didn't seem to want to go in and the deflectors seemed snug enough as they were without them... plus i wouldn't fancy trying to remove them once those clips are in.... i guess it's to stop people robbing them as i would imagine you could pull them off even with the windows up without those clips in .... but for the price i'm not to bothered about making them THAT secure

I fitted a set to mine.
They lasted a month or two and the front ones started to crack, the rear ones fell out.

You need to the clips cause the double sided tape is not very good, that's why the rears fell out.

personally, I would not bother.
Loads of people have fitted them and reported no issues but the two sets i've fitted have had issues.

There is another maker that does these, not sure if they are any good. I can't even remember their name to find out for you.

Cheers. I might have a go with them this weekend if I get time. There are some available made by Climair which I think is the oem for Audi but at nearly £50 just for the front two I wasn't fancying paying that much!
You get what you pay for I guess. If the clips are no good I have some better 3M double sided tape I could try.

I've fitted a few to previous cars, personally love them makes motorway driving so enjoyable. Regards to the clips use a really skinny flat head screw driver and a lot of force and the metal folds up in the gap nicely.

I fitted a set to the front and have had no issues whatsoever. Clips were used. ;-)

I only had time to throw the front ones on at the weekend. I used the clips, 2 on each. I fitted one behind the mirror and the other vertically at the other end, both went nice and snug. I don't think you could get them in (or even supposed to) horizontally along the top edge as it's just too tight and I think it would interfere with the window going fully up anyway.
Fair play, these things actually work! I'm a smoker and nearly always have the window open. No more ash getting blown everywhere and no more stiff neck in the winter I reckon. Result :)
How long they last we will see. They do look a pain to keep clean though.
Cheers

Mine lasted nearly an whole year before some scrout nicked them last month leaving the clips still in, And you can't half tell the difference when they are gone.

I had these on my old 2.8, never had any touble with the fronts moving, but the rears wouldnt stay put at all so I gave up on them.

May get some for the TQS, they work really well and mean you can have the window cracked on the motorway without too much wind noise.

Pictures ?? ive been tempted on these for a while but even without them there will be no more ash as im currently going over a week strong without a cig, my new vaporiser is great reckon ill be off that in a month or two :)

Quick pic. On the front....

Uploadfromtaptalk1372160126177