lowered suspension

jbh

TDi lover
Reaction score
Website
www.retrobmw.co.uk
at present my car is on coilovers and IMO it needs to come up a bit as the height it sits it catches coming into the street and a few places on the road into where I live..

so options are raise it on the coilovers or get a new suspension set up with about a 35 to 40 mm drop..

my wee boy has issues with his back so I am tempted to go down the road of new suspension as the car is a wee bit stiff and you feel it when you hit a bump on the road.
I'm not wanting it to be boaty but I want it to be comfy for the sake off the wee man.

any suggestions? I want it to handle well though so before any one says it no im not putting it back to standard..

Standard shocks and eibach pro street springs or the weitec ultra GT kit (B5QUAT had this on his and he said nothing but good things about it)

why change suspension,#

..........thats the whole point of coilovers, "ride height adjustable!"

unless you find them crashy then i think your wasting money

why change suspension,#

..........thats the whole point of coilovers, "ride height adjustable!"

unless you find them crashy then i think your wasting money

as I said I do find it a bit hard If it was just me it wouldn't worry me that much but my 18 month old son was born with back problems and will be getting operations on his back hence im thinking this way.

Cool it is a pain looking for new shocks. Got some standard ones here of u ever buy springs. Will probs last about 1000 miles or until you find some second hand uprated shocks. If tht helps.

yea ive been looking. I have the front suspension from my passat I broke but the rears were different.
the eibach springs ive been looking at are the eibach pro kit but as I say I would need at least rear shockies
as I could get off with using the fronts from the passat.
if you're interested in a deal we can talk.