Chris NottEM Tuning
    5th Gear

Status

Hesitation problems

Hello there, newbie alert!! Would appreciate a bit of advice if poss...
    I'm having intermittent hesitation problems when I accelerate from part throttle. I put the ol' right foot down and not much happens, but then all of a sudden it decides it's gonna do summat about it and sets off. I realise i'm on the back foot already being NA but like my sig says, gotta start somewhere.
    I've changed the lambda sensor and cleaned the throttle body out a couple of times so I think this may the root of my problems but would appreciate any help!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel

Re: Hesitation problems

That'll be the MAF sensor then, well it was on mine, changed it and it fixed it right up, I have a 98.5 1.8 SE

5th Gear

Status

Cheers Mawhitey, had an idea it might be that having read some of the other threads but didn't just want to assume! Seems to be running quite rich as well so the MAF sensor could have a hand in that. Are they difficult to get hold of?

5th Gear

Status

Just noticed your sig, I used to drive a Vauxhall - Vectra 2.0Di - sounded like a massey ferguson (went like one too!!) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel

I got mine from my local motor factors, around 85 IIRC, it was the whole housing and sensor complete, straight swap.

I had a Vauxhall cav 2.0 16 valve , stupidly modified and cost me much more than this car has,lol

5th Gear

Status

Great stuff, thanks for that, gonna go shoppin now!

Vectra ended up having about 2.5k's worth of work done to the engine, new injectors and so on - all paid for by Vauxhall so I wasn't bothered! Still went like a slug tho!! Now I've had an Audi, ain't gonna be any other for me!