Indecisive Fuel Gauge

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Got my car yesterday did some running around with about quarter of tank.
Got to work with just under quarter of a tank, parked up for the day, finished work and started the car.
It was showing empty and beeped at me.
15 minutes down the road is shows just on the red and sat there till I filled up.

This happened twice so far.

Anyone else experienced this?

Ive experianced somewhat the same problem start ip in morning with just over half a tank go up the road jump on motorway then it creeps up to just under 3/4's then get to work with it maybe just slightly over what i had (just over 1/2) when i got in it in the morning park up leave it running 5 mins (doesnt move) come out of work and i have just under 1/2 tank then start driving and it creeps up then after 15-20 miles it has slowly gone back to what i had left when i finished work lol

iirc i think i read its early signs of the cluster going, i ****** hope not lol

Mine does the "creeping up" thing, i just assumed it was due to fuel sloshing around in the tank.

I dont think thats the same as what scotts got though.

Theres an issue with a little wire on the sender in the tank that breaks off, and causes erratic readings.

iirc i think i read its early signs of the cluster going, i ****** hope not lol

Mine is still under warranty. :thumbsup:

Theres an issue with a little wire on the sender in the tank that breaks off, and causes erratic readings.

That would be an instant on off, not dodgy fuel reading every 6 months?

I think I need to get my *** in gear and fix this.

I was sat in traffic on the weekend and it went from half a tank to empty, went round a bend it went from empty to quarter of a tank and then creeped back up to half a tank again.

Where is the sender unit in an avant and how do you get to it?