1.8T 180hp torque & remap advice

Mr K

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much torque a stock 1.8T AJL puts out?

Im planing to get mine remapped, and although the K03 doesnt have much more to give by all accounts (another 10-20hp) I was wondering what kind of torque gains you could get.

From reading up on the net most say its well worth it, as although the top end gains are not as big as some, the gains across the rest of the rev range are considerable. Is this right?

Is there likely to be a big leap in peak torque? AMD claim 25hp (opomistic) and 67lbft torque extra!

yeh i'd imagine something along those lines would be about expected.

You wont get over 200hp, even with exhaust/intercooler etc all upgraded you cant get over 200 on the stock blower.

Excelent. I dont really want to go down the route of a K04 etc, too much work for whats meant to be my daily.

My plan is to replace the N75 with a new OEM item, all vac lines, check for boost leask, replace spark plugs etc, and then an AMD or Revo remap, 710N. May get an S4 arch liner too, as the stock intercooler doesnt have much of a chance with no venting from behind it.

I also have an S4 exhaust system arriving today, which is aparently in 'excelent condition'.

The only thing I'm undecided on is replacing the boost pipes. It sounds like I should look at a different intake pipe, but I'm tempted to replace the other 4. A boost test and new hose clamps as a minimum as theyre looking quite ropey.

Might be worth putting a better turbo intake pipe on too, mine was quite flexible and collapsing when boosting restricting the airflow.

Was that proving to be a problem with a remapped K03? Which pipe did you go for? I've seen some on eBay that look dirt cheap but no idea if they're upto the job.

will add it to the list, I was undecided about that one, and also the 4 other boost pipes. I've noticed that 034 motorsport also do all the breather pipes, but that's probably not needed - maybe if mine are looking tired.

Was that proving to be a problem with a remapped K03? Which pipe did you go for? I've seen some on eBay that look dirt cheap but no idea if they're upto the job.

will add it to the list, I was undecided about that one, and also the 4 other boost pipes. I've noticed that 034 motorsport also do all the breather pipes, but that's probably not needed - maybe if mine are looking tired.

i ran one of the ebay ones and never had problems with it apart from it did sort of catch the headlight a little but i had a k&n air filter so may have been pushed towards the front a little, its actually on ebay at the minute along with other bits and bobs.

i've got a silicone TIP on the avant and that touches the headlight, but its a big bore 3" one.

I tilted the airbox over a bit, to try and help.

Bradderz - why have you swapped it out? Is the quality / fitment of the eBay ones ok?

Aragorn - is that an eBay one too?

Bradderz - why have you swapped it out? Is the quality / fitment of the eBay ones ok?

Aragorn - is that an eBay one too?

ive swapped it out as im running the frankenturbo kit so was no longer needed as it wouldnt fit the FT turbo as i now run the same 3" TIP as aragorns and as for fitment it was ok.

Is a 2.5" or 3" maf worthwhile on a remapped KO3? I assume you just need the bigger maf enclosure/pipe and can keep the same MAF sensor?

my OEM 'S4' exhaust systems arrived, its in great condition as I was promised. The down side is its actually a 3" RS4 system. So not only is it redicilously big for a 200hp 1.8, but its tail pipes won't fit in the valance. It does look like it will fit the floor pan, although I can't be sure. The down pipes are 2.25" so I could potentially use on the down pipes to connect it up, but I'm going to see about sending it back first.

You need a k04 frame or BT setup to run 3" maf and bigger injectors, stock blowers maxed out at 210hp and this can be had of a remap so fitting maf and injectors with a stock blower is just pointless.

Ok, cheers. I was wondering if there where any gains in throttle response. Will stick with the stock size MAF for now and get a hose to suit.

The RS4 system is going back, and I have a 2.5" jetex exhaust on its way. Cant wait to get it fitted!

Ok, cheers. I was wondering if there where any gains in throttle response. Will stick with the stock size MAF for now and get a hose to suit.

The RS4 system is going back, and I have a 2.5" jetex exhaust on its way. Cant wait to get it fitted!

nice, get some pictures up before and after fitting the system you going resonated or non-res ??

Resonated. It's my daily and I want to keep it nice and subtle. Oem+ was always the plan, I just hope the tailpipes don't stand out too much!

will defo get lots of pics!

Think bigger tailpipes look standard tbh with some of the newer audis having bigger tailpipes like the millteks etc, i like it better than the pathetic pee shooters it had before hand so its all good lol

heres mine with 3" twin rolled milltek -

69F7AEE8-2C4F-4D79-B5B8-18507DBDC073-8919-00000B909231AD28_zps0090a422.jpg

Looks really smart! Will be very happy if it comes out looking as good as that. Mine are 80mm so not much bigger than that.

Also for 034 diff carrier bushes in the post and meyle HD top arms! Should transform the car!