S4 for girls!!

• Thread starter imported_christhick
  • Start date
I

imported_christhick

Because of a back operation last year and the amount of driving I do I need to drive autos. In traffic the clutch work can be a problem.

But I'm fed up with the poor choice of cars with decent auto boxes of around £8-12k.

Either not enough power (BMW 328 or A4 2.8Q) or the engines just too big and thristy (A6 4.2 or 4.4 BMW 540, Merc C43).

So how light is the clutch in a B5 S4?

I've got some old autocar road tests and they say that the engine is very tourqy and can almost be driven like an auto on the motorway.

Yes I would agree to a degree but you would only have to be caught out once in traffic before you start to suffer.

I would say keep to an auto box if you have a medical condition as you may aggravate your problem.

But if you do go the S4 route chip it and your have a whole heap more.

Only the B6 but I don't know id the US ever got a tiptronic

what about a saab 93?

where abouts in Herts are you from?

the US has a B5 tiptronic its actualy pretty good i drive one my self because of heavy traffic in my area (sitting in traffic for 2 hours with a stick isnt as much fun as you would think) the only problem with the car is the shifts arnt very smooth and it dosent downshift as you would expect but a simple chip fixs that

Whats the Saab auto box like? I'm over in Barnet.

Shame the tiptronic didn't come to the UK.

I guess I'm gonna wait for the 4.2 S4 to drop in price!

And until then its Bimmers and Mercs!

good idea but i'd never sell it again.

Did they ever do a Tiptronic 1.8TQ?

Chris_tdi, what is your car pushing out?

IMO the B5 is a nicer looking car than the newer models and the interior bets Bimmers and Mercs hands down.

Now a 2.5tdi Quattro tip with a decent BHP figure would make a nice car.