ok so i have a few qestions, so im just going to put them all here, ill number them so i can work out whos talking to me about what!!
1, temp was going down on runs when i first bought the car. so i replaced stat. 6 months later, same problem, also getting intermitant ect sensor, so swapped out for genuine part , but pattern on stat as i didnt have £37 for gen one, so this was about a month ago. car warms up much quicker mpg has gone up marginally, but ive noticed a increase, but still once on the motor way it drops to 60 well needle pegs the bottom, its was a quaility stat from work. (valeo) so can this be buggered after a month already?
2. my abs module is fubar, ive not managed to find a replacement as yet, which matches my part number, so im now thinking buy one from a tqs of the same year, problem is i removed the module to see if i could send it off, but ive totally lost it some were. so now i have no idea of its coding, on that note will regestered vcds lite recode this module? or can the module be coded out, as im more then happy to have no abs, would be nice but its a utter pain
3. my clutch was slipping now and again but ive got a feeling its the rear crank shaft seal. as im losing oil slowly, and its not dripping from anywere, i have some stuff at work that revitalises neoprene seals, will this work? if not is it easy enough to swap this part over while im doing the clutch? as far as i know the part is £78 from dealers.
4. under my car the other day as im getting only what i can describe as a nosy bearing, but i feel its not that as my output seals are leaking, one is weeping one side and the other has spat some up the the chassis and the surronding area is wet, but this is the opposite side from the noise i can hear, is there a tool for doing the bearings other then ecs and is it just worth doing both sides or even the front aswell, and also best doing the input shaft aswell?
edit: is it possible the tyre has saww toothed? any way of knowing?
5. i know i said i got better mpg. but i feel im still not returning the mpg that the car should, i know its a tqs and turbo but maybe im hoping for more then its going to give. is there any chance a faulty fpr could be making the car run rich? the exhaust fumes have always smelt petroly
6. the display on the clocks have become unreadable, ive found the screens on ebay and marked as oem or genuine part, im good with a soldering iron and have liquid flux etc, is this possible for a amatuer/skilled person?
many thanks for taking the time to read. i really need to get on top of the issues now before they become a problem