best ECU??

todamnfast07

Reaction score
ive been shopping for an ECU for a while now and i cant decide on which one to buy! i want one that will give me the best performance for the price price really isnt an issue so any help would be great! thanks guys

cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Any particular reason - I thought that the Audi ECU was eminently tunable - the only people I know who appear to change the ECU regularly are Dynalynx and their upgrades seem to be quite extreme (*as in race car performance, interior etc.

Greg

yes proce really is no object ive work for a long time to save up money and i have enough to buy a second s4 but id rather put it into my current one

well im also goin to be doing some extreme upgrades ive been dreaming of haveing this car for a long long time and now that i own one i can make it as crazy as i want so with everything ive saved up i want to have atleast 500bhp by the end of 2006 so any help with best performance anything would be great! im open for any help what so ever

would those give me better performance than just chipping the stock ECU??

[ QUOTE ]
would those give me better performance than just chipping the stock ECU??

[/ QUOTE ]

the main point of replacing the entire ECU would be when youve uprated so many parts of you engine that the stock ECU cannot effectively control the new components.

Another other reason for swapping out the stock ECU would also be if you wanted a home-tuning friendly ecu. That way, you only need relatively cheap equipment to remap your car.

If your not going to be replacing internals, injectors etc etc then a different management system is pointless.

depends by what you mean by the best performance

all comes down to what other things your doing and what your trying to achieve? daily driver, drag monster, track weapon, all rounder

aftermarket ecus offer things like launch control, full throttle gear changes, anti - lag. but can struggle with things like oem vvt.

If looking to upgrade the ECU is almost the last thing I would expect to change.

If you go for stronger internals, if anyone makes one a longer stroking crank, obviously a big capacity free flowing exhaust and two decent turbo's (something dual ballbearing basedm eg a suitable Garrett) you should be pushing 5-600 bhp with decent drivability.

For example - see Dahlback who do a 570bhp converstion for the S4.

Greg

I think i am going to get a Dastek eventually instead of remaps, as its like a piggy back ECU and u can add bits and bobs at a later date.

My main reason for this is each update cost £70/hr not £500 every map.

I have heard a few people have had good results but not heard of any 1.8T results so i will have to be the guinea pig.

i want a all rounder i want to acheve 500bhp im just trying to get everything in order before i start buying things