A4 Climate control

Nessy

VW + Audi mad
Reaction score
I cannot fathom out what the snowflake button does on the climate control panel of my ' 99 pre-facelift A4.
Having read a tech article on the AudiWorld forums I was led to believe that pressing this button (and so causing the snowflake logo to appear on the display) disengages the compressor?
This is the opposite to what I find when using the climate in my car; when the car is idling and climate is in auto mode pressing the snowflake button causes the load on the engine to audibly increase (with a very slight drop in revs) and the air gets faster/colder (that is when 'lo' temp is selected).
I have also found that in really wet weather the side windows of the car de-mist a lot quicker when in auto mode and the snowflake button pressed, to me this signifies the compressor is working and is de-humidifying the air inside the car.
Am I totally wrong or is the Audi World article incorrect?

Thanks

Paul

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

When you select the flake button you are turning on the AC and by selecting a temp you want inside the car with auto and the snow flake on you will find that the AC will turn on the AC part on and off so to keep the car at that temp.

[ QUOTE ]
When you select the flake button you are turning on the AC and by selecting a temp you want inside the car with auto and the snow flake on you will find that the AC will turn on the AC part on and off so to keep the car at that temp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, goes to show you can't believe all that you read on the internet!

Paul

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif