A4 B5 wood trim

Hideous stuff, wood belongs on a boat or in a lounge, not in a perfectly designed Audi interior. Why would anyone want to retrofit it?
I remember you used to be able to get head units with fake walnut fascia, absolutely awful!

Hey... got this in my car - dont look tooo bad... everyone comments on how they like the interiour... but yes dated when compared to the alu facelifted interiour *sob* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

We have an A6 Avant quattro in the family, complete with burr walnut cappings and Sony stereo with wood-effect fascia. I love it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
My A4 Avant has aluminium trim and to honest, I don't like it much.
IMHO wood can look the part with the right interior trim combo....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ummm I bet you've got your TV hidden away in a nice faux walnut cabinet as well, classy.
Plastic wood has no place in a modern vehicle, it's cheap & nasty and detracts from the overall design of the interior.
They don't make walnut laptops or phones for a good reason.
Fake carbon fibre is nearly as bad, looks like someones gone mad with the stickyback plastic.

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm I bet you've got your TV hidden away in a nice faux walnut cabinet as well, classy.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no need for that old chap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

Sorry I thought this was a forum for expressing one's opinions (humourously I hope), not an old boys club.
So your hitech Sony HU looks good wrapped in plastic walnut but you draw the line when it comes to a TV. Interesting.
Apologies for exposing a glaring hole in your argument.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry I thought this was a forum for expressing one's opinions (humourously I hope), not an old boys club.
So your hitech Sony HU looks good wrapped in plastic walnut but you draw the line when it comes to a TV. Interesting.
Apologies for exposing a glaring hole in your argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get embroiled (normally) in internet forum 'spats' as its all too easy to misunderstand or take offence at what is meant in a humorous tone.
My reference to 'old chap' was a subtle way of saying that in my opinion you had been a bit, dare I say it , rude?
No emoticons were used in your reply or any effort made to make it apparent that the comments were light-hearted.
You don't like wood trim in a car, I do.
How this fact enables you to make assumptions as to my taste in interior decor I don't know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.
Perhaps it is I who have over-reacted (in which case my apologies) , but then again perhaps your comments were a tad outspoken, particularly when directed towards someone you don't know?

Outspoken? On a public forum? What was I thinking?

So it's OK to be "rude" as long as your rude in a smiley voice? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
Old boys club was reference to a backslapping, outdated regime where everyone simply agrees with everyone else regardless of the subject matter. This is a forum for outspoken opinionated discussion. It's not rude unless people become just plain offensive for the sake of it.
I have 2 issues with wood effect in an Audi:
1. It's plastic! In fact it screams plastic! Real wood in the right vehicle can look good e.g. new Range Rover, but fake wood is like fake boobs, obvious and ludicrous.
2. Audi's by their very nature are understated hi tech vehicles. They don't have spoilers or power bulges unless they are needed. The interiors IMO are second to none in the price band. With this in mind wood effect trim seems to pander to the Audi driver who would rather be driving something else or sitting in his/her Chesterfield in his/her study smoking his/her pipe.
It's like putting sleigh bells on a U2 record, it's unnecessary and it ruins it.
Lastly anyone who openly confesses to having a walnut trimmed head unit (and loving it) is really opening the floodgates to abuse. I'd say you got off lightly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The new Range Rover doesn't have walnut as an option of any kind. It's trimmed out in Cherry IIRC
rangerover.jpg

I guess each to their own, if you want to make your Audi look & feel like an 80's Rover Vitesse then knock yourself out, just means there's more tasteful trim models out there for the rest of us.
Trim3.jpg

hideous.jpg

Ummm which looks more in keeping? Tricky one that

i dont really want to stir this up, BUT i do have to agree with andymac, i dont like the wood, it reminds me of old mans rovers, no offence ment, just my opinion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Likewise with me. Although people have their different likes etc photo of the wood looks out of place and reminds me of the interior of my grandads 'D' plate Rover 213

[ QUOTE ]
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A4-WOODKIT-WA...1QQcmdZViewItem

I remember someone at Audidriver International stating that they would like the wood trims, so i spotted this on Ebay and thought i would post it here,Cheers

PS Its not mine

[/ QUOTE ]

I quite liked the look of them but when I looked carefully, although it says it's from a 1999 A4, I'd say it's from a pre-facelift one, from the look of the aircon/HU console insert.